Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Book Review: Let there be light

Let There Be Light, written by Archbishop Desmond Tutu and illustrated by Nancy Tillman, is a beautiful book showing the 7 days of God's creation described in Genesis 1 and 2.   This book has beautiful pictures and describing each step.

As soon as I got this, I read it to my kids.  They (and I) really liked it.  The pictures are bright and fun to look at and the writing is simple but elegant.  The kids loved looking at the pictures on each pages.  There are hidden images on each page within the drawings.

One of the very special things about this book is the letter written by Desmond Tutu in the beginning of the book.  His message of God creating each child and making them special is beautiful.  I wish he would have written a few more pages about the same thing at the end of the book. 

All in all we will enjoy having this book on our shelf to read over and over again.  I hope to find a few more of these to give away as gifts to my nieces and nephews.

Note: I was given a copy of this book for free to read and review.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment