Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Book Review: Rich in Years


Rich in Years by Johann Christoph Arnold is a collection of stories on becoming older.  The author discusses the Joys and Discouragements of getting older.  He challenges the reader to look at aging as a joy and not becoming too discouraged in all the loss of family, friends, energy, their body, and their mind.  He reminds them the one thing it can’t take is your soul. 

This book is a wonderful collection stories of how many people have handled aging, sickness, and death in the lives.  So many people have learned how to end life with joy and grace instead of clinging to regret, independence, and grudges.

I, being an early thirties adult, was not the target audience for this book.  In spite of that I really enjoyed it.  It made me realize the other side of age.  I now look at me parents, grandparents, older members of my church, and strangers in a whole new light.  I want to be the support they need so they can age (and yes, eventually die) with as much peace and joy in the life. 

Note: I did receive a copy of this book for free to read and review.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment