Thursday, April 17, 2014

Book Review: Love Skip Jump


Love Skip Jump by Shelene Bryan is a book describing the author’s life ever since she made one decision to visit Uganda to see if her sponsored child actually existed.  In Uganda her life was turned upside down at the sight of poverty and a thought to feed the children.  Shelene founded skip1.org to help provide meals to people in third world countries that need a meal.  Since its inception it has provided thousands of meals to hungry children along with kitchens, medical care, etc. 

I really enjoyed this book.  Frist, Shelene writes in a style that is very easy to read.  It’s more like having a conversation over the coffee table with a friend then reading. Second, her story is amazing.  I find myself wanting to do all the things she has done.

This is a motivational, uplifting, thought provoking, and a feel good book.  Her prayers at the end of each chapter moved me and gave me a poignant prayer to ask God so that I can do big things for Him.

I would most definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants to do something big but doesn’t know what or how.  Shelene found the answer with a side comment at a dinner party about if her sponsored child actually existed or was just a con.  It’s amazing how God can use one “yes” and change the world one meal at a time.

 

Note: I received a copy of this book from the publishers to read and review.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment