Monday, August 4, 2014

Book Review: The Sticky faith guid for your family by Dr. Kara Powell

The Sticky Faith guide for your family by Dr. Kara E Powell is the follow up book to her previously published book, Sticky Faith.  In Sticky Faith the findings from research conducted by the Fuller Youth Institute lay out the statistics of kids and youths challenges to keep their faith when becoming adults (especially when leaving for college).  The institute has interviewed thousands of families to determine what characteristics keep the faith in the family and kids.  This book was an answer to many letters asking for practical tips on how to create a sticky faith family.

This book hold many practical suggestions on how to encourage children, spend time together, etc. to create and keep your children engaged, seeking, and in love with Jesus and their faith.  This books helps create kids that aren’t just brain smart about Jesus but heart felt and truly knowledgeable about Him.

I found this book good. Not great.  I think it held many good suggestions and discussions on how to talk to children and youth but I just found it very hard to read.  I found myself flipping through reading a page here and there instead of cover to cover. 

I hope this book impacts many families in the world.  I will use some of what I read and maybe keep it on the shelf for a quick peak every now and them but for me that’s all it will be.

Note: I received a copy of this book for free from the publisher to read and review.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment