Monday, August 4, 2014

Book Review: Woman of Courage

A woman of courage by Wanda E. Bronstetter is a fictional period book about Amanda.  When Amanda’s fiancée calls off her wedding the night before she decides to leave her home town, travel out west to work with missionaries teaching the Indians about God.  On the long trail from New York to the far west she meets many obstacles and challenges including Indian raids, deaths or loved ones, animal attacks, weather, and all the other harshities of the wild west.  Along the way she meets new friends who help her make the trip and possibly find love.

 First off, I have read many of Wanda E. Brunstetters books.  I love her may Amish stories and enjoyed reading her writing with a different genre.  This one I think is one of her better.  From the beginning I was hooked.  There were so many twists and turns. Although sometimes the tragedies and events seemed a little excessive, I do think the west was that harsh.  You were never without danger of wild animals, Indian hostility, and lawless men.  It was a rough place for a woman.

 Anyone who is a fan of Wanda E. Brunstetter books or fictional wild-west books will love this book.  It has a great message and story all wrapped up.

 Note:

1)      I was given a copy of this book for free to read and review.  The opinions above are my own. I was not compensated for a positive review.

2)      I may have made up the word harshities but I like it.  So I used it.

No comments:

Post a Comment