Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Book Review: Noah


Noah by Mark Ludy is a picture book depicting the story of Noah.  This is not like any other picture book I have ever received for my children.  I would say most picture books are marketed for the 0-3 year old range. In other words kids who cannot read.  This book appeals to all kids.  The pictures are beautiful and detailed.   He has done a wonderful job visually showing all facets of the story.

There are a few very minor things I saw in the pictures that I may not agree with or was not expecting.  For one he included dinosaurs in some of the pictures of Noah working on the boat. Ok, maybe.  He showed some people swept up in the water when the rain came (scared look on face, drowning).  At first I thought this was a bit too much but it ended up leading into a great discussion with my kids.  What happened to all those people?  They died.   They drowned.  That is an important part of the story that we as parents usually gloss over.  Lastly Noah and his family were very happy on the boat.  In my opinion, a little too happy on day 40 to be smiling that big while eating dinner with lots of animals sitting and scurrying all around them. 

All in all I enjoyed this book immensely.  I am glad I can add this book to my children’s library for us to enjoy.  It was amazing to see/hear them tell me the story of Noah using his beautifully drawn pictures.

 

Note: I was given a copy of this book from handlebar publishing to read/view and review.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment