Monday, March 9, 2015

Book Review: The Plague of Unicorns

A plague of Unicorns by Jane Yolen is a fun youth novel about young boy James who is full of questions and wonder.  In the orchard of a abbey where the golden apples grow, the unicorns gather every season to eat the special golden apples not letting the monks get more than a few that stay on the top of the trees.  As the monks are exhausted from trying to stop the unicorns, James is sent to the abbey to be taught from the monks.  But how could a young boy change their dire situation.

I really enjoyed reading this book as an adult.   I can’t wait to see how my 8-year-old daughter likes it.   I am huge fan of Jane Yolens book for kids.  We have many of them in our kids library.

I am excited to have this book in our collection.  I think we will read and reread this book with our kids.  It is 185 pages long so it will be take multiple nights to read and be better for kids 7 and above that can stay with a longer story line.


Note: I was given a copy of this book to read and review.  I was not compensated for a positive review and the opinions above are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment