Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Book Review: Rasmus and the Vagabond

Rasmus and the Vagabond by Astrid Lindgren is a story about Rasmus, an orphan boy, who runs away from the orphanage to try and find a family.  Soon after cold and hungry he runs into a tramp that claims to be God best friend.  As they travel together Rasmus and the vagabond have many adventures and slowly learns what it means to be part of a family.

The author of this book also wrote Pippy Longstocking.  It has a very similar feel and writing style.  I enjoyed Pippy when I was a kid and was excited to read this book.  I enjoyed it.  It is meant for children, but as an adult I found it a fun quick read.  I would think some kids younger than 10 or so would have trouble reading this book.  Its sentence structure makes some of it hard to understand without slowing down and really paying attention.

I’m am excited to have a copy of this book in my family library.  We will read and reread this book with all our children.

Note: I was given a copy of this book to read and review.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment