Friday, April 10, 2015

Book Review: Miracle on Voodoo Mountain


Miracle on Voodoo Mountain by Megan Boudreaux is an amazing story about a 24 year old girl that head the call of God for her to move from her home town on Louisiana, leave everything and everyone she knew, to go live in Haiti.  She didn’t know what she would be doing or how she would support herself, but she went.  In her first few days there she was scared, confused, and lonely and slowly God placed people into her life so she could accomplish great things for Him.  In less than a year she had helped close down a corrupt orphanage, adopted two girls, start the non-profit organization Respire Haiti, fed thousands of children, open a school, built a new larger school, educated hundreds of children who wouldn’t have been able to afford or attend any other school, found love, and got married. 

Through all her struggles she has seen many miracles from God and provisions given to her by prayer and faith.  This book is one that left me not wanting to put it down.  I love the flow of the stories and have they come together. This book has encouraged me and inspired me.  I really enjoyed reading it.  It also makes me want to go to Haiti and help.

 Note: I was given a copy of this book to read and review.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment