Sunday, April 5, 2015

Book Review: Time to Choose

Time to Choose by Dawn Kazmierzak is the story about her mother as a child living through world war two under Nazi regime. 

This book leads the reader through the story of the occupations and how the Nazi government and the war drastically changed their lives.  At the end of each chapter she gives an insight on what the reader should think about to ensure that similar circumstances to do not happen again.

This book for the publishing synopsis interested me but I found the story of the author’s family life very interesting.  What I did have a problem was some of the “Connecting the dots” thoughts at the end of each chapter.  She is very judgmental in some of her comments.  I understand the background she is coming from but just because you choose something like public school or day care does not mean you don’t care about your child’s education.

I don’t know if I would recommend this book to anyone although I did find the story and some of the “connecting the dots” interesting.  If I did tell someone about this book it would come with a lot of cautions about the content and the single-minded judgmental mindset on many touchy topics.


Note: I was given a copy of this book to read and review.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment