Thursday, April 30, 2015

Book Review: Undone

Undone; A Memoir, A story of making peace with an unexpected life by Michelle Cushatt is the memoir of Michelle and her battle to balance  controlling her life to normalcy and giving it u to God in all the chaos, crisis, and miracles.  Michelle in less than a year battled cancer, had a full house to empty nest, and had the house filled again with children in need.  As she tried to balance all this she found God’s presence and comfort around every bend.
First, I chose this book solely on the cover.  So whoever designed it good job.  I thought this book was going to fiction after I quickly skimmed the back summary.  Who could even think about throwing all those obstacles together except for an author with a wild imagination?  Then in the first few pages I realized this was a true story told for the author of what she had gone through and I was hook. 
I really enjoyed the author’s story telling ability and her flow of writing. I found this book very easy to read and very hard to put down.  This book is so full of faith and struggle I think any mom, wife, woman could relate with all her struggles, feelings of inadequacy, anxiety over the future and the unknown and how to protect your children, and the feeling of grace and peace when you truly know God is there in your midst comforting you. 


Note: I was given a copy of this book to read and review by the publisher.  The opinions above are my own and I was not compensated for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment